Burton Mens 1s kept there late charge for promotion going with a 3 1 win at Old Silhillians. Two goals for the prolific Mark Northcott and one for Mark Ashton-Blanksby took the points.

Burton Hiockey men's 2nds faced high flying Boots 2nds in a home fixture. Burton fought hard right from the start but found themselves defending for the whole half with all team members working hard against the 15 players of Boots. Half time came with the score at 0-0, as the 2nd half began Burton found themselves on a quick counter attack with the ball finding Kevin Stanyon in the D who made not mistake drilling the ball between the keepers legs, unbelievable Burton were 1-0 up. But not for long as almost instantly Boots equalised, Boots were now on the attack and were awarded a short corner, Boots took the short corner and fired a powerful drag flick into the top corner of the goal only to see it deflected onto the crossbar by Kieran Whetton on his birthday. Shorty after Boots were awarded another short corner and again Whetton got his stick to it on the line only to see it deflected into the side netting. The Burton 12 were now getting tired against the fitter Boots 15 and consequently conceded 2 late goals to eventually lose 4-1. Burton played and defended well but ultimately ran out of steam. Man of the match went to Tom Shenton

Burton Mens 3s took a valuable 4 3 win over Hampton in Arden to move 3 points above them out of the relegation places. Goals from Steve Goodfellow, Pete Gibbs and 2 for Tom Gibbs. 

Burton Mens 4s had a 2 all draw with Rugby and East Warwichshire 7s.

Burton Mens 6s went to play Old Silhillioans 5ss and lost 3-1. Dan Horsey-Elson got the goal and despite being down to 10 players including six U'18's, they played the better hockey with some good passing moves and were unlucky not to earn at least a point as one goal rebounded in off the keeper. Burton conceded no short corners but earned 6 and their only disappointment on the day was to not get a shot on target from any of them . One for the training ground perhaps
Frustrating day for Burton Ladies 1s deprived of the chance to go 11 points clear' They travelled to 2nd placed Ashbourne to find the game cancelled due to pitch conditions.
Burton Ladies 2's faced Derby 2s., the first time round the game finished 3-3, so Burton went with a point to prove.

From the start Burton challenging Derby s defence, with their goal keeper making many crucial saves. Burton kept building the play, which resulted in a great goal from the forwards. Derby had a few chances on goal but couldn't convert them into goals and it was 1 0 at Half time.

Burton went into the second half, keeping the passes simple and ths showed when Burton  scored a second. Derby had a quick spell and scored from a short corner. Burton were determined not to let Derby back into the game, when they gained another short corner, it was stopped on the line by Chloe Logan Burton continued to put pressure on Derby, scoring another goal. The final score finishing 3-1. Goals were scored by Shannon Dillon, Susie Spruce and Hatty Shenton.

Man of the match is week was a draw between Hannah Tjon Soie Len and Alex Dolman for their hard work.

Burton Ladies 3s hosted Belper 4s on a very waterlogged pitch.
With both sides unused to the pitch conditions, the game started brightly but soon slowed as they realised the ball wasn’t travelling as fast as they expected.
Burton conceded first, a scrappy goal going Belper’s way due to the keepers wet kickers not making enough contact to send the ball wide.
Burton quickly fought back with Izzy Ridley getting her first goal for ladies 3s on her debut. Burton worked the ball around the opposition D and another from Ridley followed in quick succession making it 2-1 at half time.
By half time it stopped raining and pitch started to dry out meaning the game picked up some pace and Belper took advantage equalising early in the 2nd half.
Burton heads got back into the game despite the cold and they pushed hard, unfortunate not to be able to convert attacking short corners.
Belper’s counter attack caught Burton unawares and they put a 3rd in the back of the net. Determined to equalise and come away with at least a point, Burton fought hard but were unable to get another past the Belper keeper despite dominating their D in the remaining 10 minutes of the game. Final score 3-2 to belper.
Man of the Match went to Ridley who had a good game and scored both goals.


Next week wil be tough when they face Burton  ladies 2s.






Burton Ladies 4s  expected a tough game against Stavely and that what they got.  Burton started off at a fast pace with the whole team pushing forward. Burton maintained good structure with midfield supporting the play forward whilst holding a solid back wall. This gave Burton confidence and pressed higher. Some excellent passing and triangles by the midfield made the opportunities for the forwards. They gained two penalty corners but were unfortunate not to convert them.


Stavely fought back but every pass, free hit and 16 was hunted down by a determined Burton . Looking dangerous again on the run Burton pushed high to feed the ball into Stavely 's 25. They took a shot on goal which was saved by an over enthusiastic goalkeeper, Burton would not allow the ball to leave the D and saw the opportunity and lunged forward knocking the ball through the unbalanced keeper leg, to send the ball home to the back of the net. To get to Half time with a 1 nil lead.
Changes were made as Stavely threw everything at Burton, who held their own with some excellent defensive work , closing down the passes and preventing the breaks
Stavely then scored from a short corner and they got another from a well rehearsedset piece to finish 2- 1 to Stavely, Burton 4s are making fantastic progress and coming together as a team nicely.

Burton Ladies 2s travelled to Bloxwich in the quarter final of the EH Cup. On an unfamiliar pitch Burton started cautiously but hoped to repeat the quick, sharp passing demonstrated the day before. They had  a few early chances with no reward and defended a number of short corners very well. An end to end half ending at an unexciting 0-0. In the second half, Bloxwich seemed to up their pace a little and made a number of fast advances through the centre of the pitch. An unfortunate loose ball in the D caused a clash between keeper, defender and Bloxwich forward and the ball ended up in the goal. Burton reacted and pushed hard, adavancing up the pitch, Lucy Pendleton finally converting a short corner to draw level with less than 5 minutes to go. 

With a win on flicks in the last round, the same 5 volunteers stepped up against their incredibly tall and agile keeper! Despite fantastic efforts from Megan Bignell in goals, the flicks ended 4-2 against Burton.



Burton men's 3rd team won their cup quarter final on Sunday 5-3 vs Triton to march into the last 4 of the national tier 4 championship.