Burton Hockey Ladies 1s maintained their 8 point lead at the top of the table winning 2-0 over a strong Loughborough Students Team. Burton opened the scoring within the first few minutes, Amy Palmer intercepting a 16 yard hit and slipped to Lucy Pendleton at the top of the D who sent the ball flying into the goal with a clean strike. The game was extremely fast paced and Burton’s forwards worked particularly hard to try and quash Loughborough’s attacks high up the pitch. Burton had many other changes but the Loughborough keeper denied us converting them. Part way through the second half, Nicola Taylor increased the lead to 2-0 by wrong-footing both defender & goalkeeper and reverse stick hitting the ball into the bottom corner. Burton’s performance only improved as the game went on and they dominated the final 15 minutes but failed to convert any more chances. Man of the match today went to Amy Palmer. With only 3 games to go against three teams they beat earlier in the season with a combined score of 17 0, promotion is nearly there.

Burton ladies 2s took a trip to Ashbourne and came back with a 1 0 win..
The game started slow, with Ashbourne having the majority of play. Burton began to pressure their defence, but were struggling to find a goal. Ashbourne continued to pressure gaining many short corners but Burton's defence continued to battle, keeping the score 0-0 by half time.

In the second half, Burton came out fighting for a goal. With some clever play from all players, Burton managed to get a goal past Ashbourne's strong defence from Alice Hickman. They continued to battle, keeping the score to a 1-0 win.

Man of the match is week was shared between 5 players,  Rhian Warriner, Jane Palmer, Alice Hickman, Alex Dolman and Hattie Barnes.
Burton Ladies 3s hosted Matlock 2s and went down 6 0 . 
Burton conceded an early goal but the work rate picked up and Burton matched Matlock for the level of play and only conceded a further goal before half time.
Matlock stepped things up after half time and pressured burton for much of the second half scoring a further 4 and despite the efforts from Burton on the attack they were unable to get around their keeper making the final score 6-0.
Man of the match this week deservedly went to Felicity Norcross for her work rate and efforts in midfield.


Burton Ladies 4s hosted a young energetic Belper and went down 3 1. Burton started off fast exposing Belpers gaps on the pitch, good clean passes from the back, Burton pushed forward and produced some lovely clean passes, using the triangle system making Belper looked a little lost and disorganised . After 15 minutes a break came for the left and the defence crowded young Izzy Ridley who held her own, releasing it into the ‘D' , where Gianni Di Frari stepped across the defender to hit and lifted it on the reverse , into the far right corner of the net to take the lead.
The game changed as the Belper team found space to make a break , after some great tackles by the solid defence and good saves by the keeper but Belper found an equaliser. 
The second half Burton tired and the game dramatically slowed down and became defensive.
The Belper team became very organised using two young , fast players to carry the ball down the wings with experienced older players waiting for the crosses. 2 goals were scored in quick succession. Burton pushed forward at every opportunity but just didn’t get the ball into the D . They received a number of free hits in their 23 but lacked the options to drive it forward. Going down to a 3 1 defeat.

Burton Men's 1st XI came away from the short away trip to Coalville with all 3 points thanks to a 4-2 win which pushed them up to 3rd place in the league. 

Burton started strongly and despite not playing their best hockey raced into a 3-0 lead at half time. 2 Goals from Mark Northcott, one from a PC, and the other a Penalty Stroke won by Mark Ashton-Blanksby. Jamie Cooper then slotted home from a swift counter attack started by an aerial by birthday boy, Andrew Locker, Cooper combining with Rob Wright who was a nuisance to the Coalville defence all day.

The second half was less impressive from Burton as Coalville upped their game to score from a rebound at a penalty corner and a good finish into the roof from the top of the D to peg the scores back to 3-2 - both goals coming after Mark Northcott had two golden chances to put the game to bed as he squandered a second penalty stroke won by Jamie Jenkins. Northcott lofting a gentle effort at the keepers glove which was saved with ease, and then again setup by Jenkins, Northcott's 1st touch took out the keeper and with the ball on his reverse side he lazily hit an upright reverse which could only hit the wheel on the outsite of the post with an open goal begging.

Northcott did make amends however as another counter attack from Burton bore fruit, with Coalville applying a high press looking for the equaliser, Burton calmly worked their way out and Rob Wright's pace saw him evade his marker, slip the ball to Mark Ashton-Blanksby who unselfishly squared to Northcott past the onrushing keeper, who this time made no mistake passing the ball into the open goal to complete his hat-trick and take him to 30 goals for the season.

Next week see's the 1sts take on Cov & NW on Saturday and Sunday sees them play Streetly as they hunt down a top two finish, both games are at the Ellis. Two wins would keep the pressure on the top 2 and keep a promotion late charge on track.

Burton Hockey men’s 2s hosted a high flying Edgebaston who currently sit 3rd the the league going down in an eventful game 2 1.

Edgbaston as expected started strongly and burton were pinned into their own half, against the run of play Burton broke quickly forcing a short corner at the Edgebaston end. The corner was flicked by Kev Stanyon and deflected into the air by the keeper into the path of Dougie Styles Henderson who made no mistake with a powerful volley into the net. Burton then found themselves on the back foot with the young defence of Glover, Whetton and Shenton marshalled by Miles Smurthwaite dealing with all Edgbaston threw at them to reach half time score at 1-0.

The 2nd half carried on in much the same way with Burton creating odd chances on the break but had to soak up lots of pressure at the other end. With 10 minutes to go Edgbaston won a short corner, the direct strike was deflected by the keeper Jack Smith into Tim Glovers face resulting in a broken nose. The resulting penalty flick was dispatched despite Smith getting his stick to it. In the dying minutes Edgbaston pushed forward and a loose bouncing ball in the D landed at the feet of the centre forward who made no mistake with his half volley into the roof of the net to win the game.


Burton Mens 3s had a 2 all draw with Warwick University and dropped into the bottom 2 on goal differance, goals from Neil Massey and Rob Pilgrim.

Burton Mens 5s went down 3 1 to Northampton Saints 6s with Oliver Raw getting the goal.


Burton 6ths went down 11 2 at Harbourne, struggling with late drop outs meant only 9 made the trip, it was captain, Mark Shorthouse who got both goals