Burton hockey club men's 1s faced Bloxwich with only 11 players. 

They started very strongly with Bloxwich not touching the ball for the first 5-10 minutes. Jamie Jenkins used some great decision making to find a foot in their D multiple times which gave Mark Northcottt the opportunity to finally slot a goal in from a short this season and he bagged  two goals in the first half to go in 2 0 up at half time.

The second half saw Burton pressed much higher by Bloxwich when they took the 16s. Harry Cains did an excellent job at the back with lots of grace and composure whilst Nick Lathbury and Jack Smith worked well with him the whole match. Midfield were putting the legwork in, tracking back whilst also finding top of the Bloxwich D on counter attacks. Bloxwich got their 1st goal from a terrible routine from a short corner that found the net.

Burton responded by winning a flick in the Bloxwich D from JEnkins putting in the legwork up top, Jamie Cooper slotted the ball home making it 3-1.

Looking on control, Ash Harris hit the crossbar and Matt Evans tested the keepers reactions with a fine shot into the top of the goal. Bloxwich benefited from some poor defending to make it 3 2 but Burton reduced to a half court press and saw the match out to take the win.

Burton men's 2s went down 1 0 to Belper 3s in a close game.

Burton men's  3s made the trip to Shrewsbury to play their 2s. A little short this week meant a return for the captain Ben Meir after a back injury and a welcome return to action from Pete Gibbs. Burton started off on the back foot with Shrewsbury players utilising a high press. Burton slowly started to work their way into the game and won a short corner, neatly injected to Simon White who controlled the ball nicely for a Rob Pilgrim piledriver to sting the back board 1-0 up. More pressure from Shrewsbury bore no result when a break occurred and Toby Ganley found himself one on one with the keeper. He neatly rounded the keeper to go 2-0 up. Shrews pressure kept up, they scored and burton went into half time 2-1 up . A short at the start of the 2nd half was injected by Meir struck by Gibbs and scored by Meir. Thinking they were nearing the end of the game burton tried to slow down and hold on but there were 12 mins left and Shrews 2s kept up the pressure. Bad backs and some tiredness started to creep in, burton were holding on to the lead. The pressure told and a flick was conceded and converted to finish the match a 3 all draw, which was a good result against the top of the table team 


Burton 5s won 4-2 against Derby 4's. The game started off with Burton pressing for a early goal and had numerous chances and short corners. However on their first visit into the Burton half Derby scored. Burton regrouped and were ahead 3-1 at half time with goals from Frank Firanklin and Azhar Mahmood. In the second half Derby scored again with Burton yet to regain the control which was present in the first 35 mins. Burton scored the final goal of the game before tiredness set in resulting in a stretched game. Final score was 4-2 with two goals for Franklin and Mahmood

Burton men's 4s match against North notts 3s had the feel of a relegation clash with both teams only having a point after 3 games. Burton started the livelier and put the ball through to players in the D but the first touch was lacking and the moves broke down. Finally the pressure paid with a short corner producing a good shot that beat the keeper but not a defenders foot on the line. Antony Kemp stepped up and despatched the penalty flick. New member Elliot bishop was pulling the strings in midfield and linking play up well. The second half saw an even game but from another short corner glyn Holland worked his magic and got the second. Now though burton tired and notts picked up the tempo and with midfield not tracking back were in control. Luckily young keeper Jack Tandy was up to the challenge and with good support from Tim glover they kept notes out. 

Burton Ladies 2s made the trip to Belper to face their 3rd team. The team started the game with confidence and positivity as they  were undefeated.

Burton had most of possession throughout the first quarter of the game but this didn't stop Belper from pushing the team. Belper then broke through and managed to score a scrappy goal. Burton kept their heads up and fought to stay in the game with 2 stick stops on the line. Not long after that the whistle blew for half time 1-0.

After a stern half time talk Burton went into the second half with our heads up, determined to get the win! The team worked together to create opportunities to get on the scoresheet. After a few attempts Alice Hickman drove the ball into D and slotted the ball in the back of the net; 1-1. Not long after that Jane Palmer got hold of the ball and smashed it in the back of the net. Burton were feeling  better now and were working twice as hard to get ahead. With  5 minutes left to spare, Burton were dominating possession and this resulted in a short corner. Shannon Dillon who was in the right slip, got the third goal.

After a hard fight Burton won 3-2, keeping the team top of the league.

Man of the match this week went to Alex Dolman for her continuous efforts in midfield.

Burton Ladies 3s hosted woodlands in the early slot on the Ellis . Burton opened the scoring early in the first 5 minutes with a well executed goal from Micky Shaw. Both sides claimed an equal amount of play, woodlands on the attack were quick and managed to equalise.
Burton picked up the play and Ffion drove the ball into the D only to be taken out by the keeper and landing face down. Burton played hard and had several attempts on goal but the woodlands keeper was skilled and cleared every shot.
1-1 at half time at woodlands, with their 15 man squad forced the Burton back line to work hard to keep the ball out of our 23. Burton temporarily went down to 10 men with Becca Farndell-Thorne went off struggling with a leg injury and woodlands took the chance and converted.
Unlike last week burton struggled to convert on short corners, however they almost equalised with a glorious lob over the keeper that just went wide. the equaliser finally came minutes later from Katie Furzeman taking it to 2-2.
Woodlands put a long ball through to their forward and was left 1 on 1 with the keeper but managed to put the ball around her into the backboard.
Burton fought hard for the remaining 10 minutes but were unfortunate not to find the net, meaning they picked up oa first loss of the season with the score 2-3 at the final whistle.
MOTM this week went to Ffion who had a great game and won near enough every tackle in the opposition D

Burton Ladies 4s maintained their unbeaten start to the season with a 2-1 win away at Buxton. Despite the early start, Burton started the better team, putting passes together, just lacking the final touch. Despite this burton went behind after losing the ball at midfield. They drew level with some great linking play to hit Nadia Waller perfectly in stride. Waller unleashed a shot that the keeper had no chance. of stopping. Burton won a penalty corner at the end of the first half. The first shot was saved but the rebomd fell to Kirsten who made no mistake from the centre of goal. In the second half, everyone worked hard and kept the pressure on as well as keeping the other team at bay and held on for the win.